The Connecticut Economic Resource Center, Inc. (CERC) has named top economic development projects, programs and leaders from throughout the state to be honored at the annual CELEBRATE CT! event on November 30, 2017 at The Bushnell in Hartford. The 21 honorees were selected by economic development officials in each of 10 regions across Connecticut for their contribution to the state’s economy – such as consistent or growing employment levels, playing a critical role in changing the character of its community or civic engagement, strong public/private collaboration to encourage new investment, or leadership resulting in growth or improvements.
The honorees include initiatives, businesses, organizations and individuals that are widely known in their communities, and some that are less well-known. Reflecting the growth of the craft beer industry in Connecticut, the honorees include three breweries: Stony Creek Brewery in Branford, Beer'd Brewing Company in Stonington, Alvarian Beer Company in New Britain.
“These awards acknowledge key people, programs and projects that are stimulating new jobs and investment in our economy,” said CERC President and CEO Robert Santy. “They are well earned and well-deserved, and CERC is proud to recognize the 2017 honorees and their noteworthy accomplishments that are having a positive impact on Connecticut’s business environment.”
The 2017 honorees also include the UCONN Hartford Campus, which began operations this fall in downtown Hartford, the long-running Goodspeed Musicals, and the Heirloom Food Company in Danielson, an organic cafe and juice bar. The state's increased emphasis on rekindling the manufacturing industries is reflected in the selections of Pegusus Manufacturing and Hurley Manufacturing.
This is the eighth year the event is being hosted by CERC, a nonprofit corporation and public-private partnership that provides economic development services, working closely with an extensive network of state, regional, local and utility partners to leverage Connecticut’s unique advantages as a premier business location.
Nearly 200 economic development and business professionals from around the state are expected to attend CELEBRATE CT! (To register or sponsor the event, visit www.cerc.com/celebratect)
The 2017 CELEBRATE CT! award honorees:
- Capitol Region/Hartford Joining Technologies UCONN Hartford Campus
- Central/New Britain Alvarium Beer Company Jasko Development LLC
- South Central/New Haven Stony Creek Brewery Mike Freda (for Amazon Fulfillment Center, North Haven)
- Southeastern/New London Beer’d Brewing Sean Nugent (for Preston Riverwalk)
- Lower CT River Valley/Middlesex Goodspeed Musicals Pegasus Manufacturing
- Naugatuck Valley/Waterbury Basement Systems Bristol Centre Square Project
- West/Danbury-Fairfield BRT General Corporation Ferguson Library (1 Million Cups) Inspira Marketing Group
- Metropolitan/Bridgeport Corvus Capital Partners LLC Future Health Care Systems
- Northeastern/Windham Heirloom Food Company Thompson Branding Plan
- Northwest Hills/Torrington Hurley Manufacturing Whiting Mills